TATB has reached 20k views! I’m so pleased that there are people who’re interested in my little space here on the innernets. Keep checking back for some more interesting content. I’d love to hear some feedback and ideas for future posts so feel free to leave a comment with some suggestions below…
Back to scheduled programming – CHOCOLATE CHIP OATMEAL COOKIE PANCAKES?!
After seeing the recipe on Minimalist Baker, I decided to make them for my boyfriend and his son this past weekend and…
I adapted the recipe as the ingredients I has weren’t vegan. I also eyeballed everything….which doesn’t help but they came out great nonetheless. Here’s what I used, roughly…
- 1/2 cup self raising flour
- 1/2 cup of wholewheat flour
- 1/2 cup organic oats
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 a banana -mashed
- 1 egg (or your fave egg replacer)
- 1 tbsp melted butter (or vegan spread)
- Some water – I would suggest using some sort of milk here; Almond or Coconut would’ve been my preference but I ran out of both.
- 1 bar of Bournville dark chocolate, smashed up
- coconut oil for frying
I mixed all of the dry ingredients then added the wet, one at a time, adding as much water as necessary and the butter last. The batter will naturally thick due to the oats. You want to loosen it so that the pancakes don’t end up like bricks.
I kept them small and used a non-stick pan to fry them in coconut oil. I only had to re-up on the oil once as i don’t like when they go crispy at the edges or soggy. We had ours with butter and maple syrup. The boys lapped them up!
What are some of your favourite pancake recipes?