This is me. This is SO me.
Christmas is two weeks away and so far I’ve bought…nothing. I just really can’t be bothered. I went to Oxford St this past saturday and it was hell on earth. I just can’t.
From memory, I’ve been over it since about 10 years old. I’m an only child so any sudden barrage of people in my house instantly had my back against the wall. In my early adult years, I would skulk away and take naps in my room because I couldn’t handle the noise. Am I weird? Are these traits of a sociopath? I just don’t really care that much about Christmas. I love my family, I love my friends but I hate forced “fun” (can you tell that I’m wincing as I type?).
I went to Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park a few weeks ago as a test to see if I had misunderstood the hype but, alas, my feelings did not change. The only thing I enjoyed was the crazy rollercoaster with my homegirls. The “Bavarian” Beer Hall was horrifying. An insult, even, to the region of Bavaria. The live music may as well have been an X Factor audition. The mulled wine was good but aside from that, there was nothing “wonderful” about Winter Wonderland.
I do like presents though. I mean, who doesn’t? And food…I like food but with it comes the stupid questions “oh, you’re vegetarian? what’re you going to eat?”. I’m going to eat food, just like you.
Back to presents. When my dude asked me what I wanted, I really wasn’t sure. Of course I don’t want him to go out and spend excessive amounts but I couldn’t think of any one specific thing. I always want stuff. That’s just the type of human that I am.
- Bobbin Bikes helmet in Gold – £36 Bobbinbikes.co.uk
- Kara Stowaway pebbled leather, crossbody bag in black – £305 Harvey Nichols
- Kara pebbled leather, backpack (small) in Gold – £285 Shopbop.com
- Timberland Premium 6″ Boot in Forest Night – £160 exclusive to Office
- Gold fronts – £15 from Karmaloop (check out @torontogrillz on instragram for amazing custom pieces)
- H&M Broad rim wool fedora hat in royal blue – £25 HM.COM
- Tiffany signet ring set with black onyx – £1790 Tiffany.com
- Converse 1970’s Chuck Taylors (US Flag) – £85 End.co.uk
- FUCT SSDD logo wool knit – £143 Goodhood
- Dr Marten Tahan 3 eye black snake – £110 Goodhood
- Serato DJ Soft and Hardware